Saturday, May 5, 2012

Can this be the turning point in this Real Estate Market?

      There has been a definite up tick in the level of volume not seen for many years.  Starting in mid-October, the level of new phone calls, pre-approvals, mortgage applications, and closings has increased, for me.  All of the real estate offices I visit weekly have seen a dramatic increase in the number of sales and closings within this same time-frame.  Since the vast majority of my business comes from realtor referrals, I have been the recipient of this influx of new business.  From time to time, throughout the past several years, there are short bursts of activity, only to wane and have home buyers go back into hibernation.  But this time, there is a certain sustenance to this market, the likes of which appear to be just like old times. 
      Each of the past six months, I have seen my personal loan volume increase dramatically from last year, but in most cases, I haven't had this kind of volume in many years.  This reminds me of the mid-90's when we were coming off of a bad market, and things were starting to turn around ever so slightly.  Hopefully this is the bottom of the market.  Although foreclosures and short sales continue to dominate the market, it appears that many other homes are selling too, with multiple offers occurring on some properties.  Perhaps we are over the worst of this.  Better days are yet to come!

Andy Williams NMLS # 118317
President
Abacus Regional Mortgage NMLS # 113984
484 695 5972

No comments:

Post a Comment