Sunday, October 16, 2011

Do You Think Being a Mortgage Broker Gives Me an Advantage Over Other Lenders?

How many times has one of your clients, or you personally, been told that they can't get approved? As a Mortgage Broker, I have access to many different lenders and an innumerable amount of lending programs. I do business with large to small Mortgage Companies, Banks, and even Credit Unions. Each type of lender offers something very unique. For example, one of my credit unions offers PMI insurance rates 41% lower than banks and mortgage companies because they are a non-profit organization serving their members. This savings is passed on to my customer. Working with small local banks gives me an advantage. I can offer lower interest rates on many types of loans than the big banks like Citibank, Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo can give to their customers. Many of these small local banks don't sell their mortgages on the Secondary Market, they portfolio their loans. This allows me the distinct advantage to offer creative underwriting. This means that I can do certain loans that others couldn't dream of making to my customers. I offer the unique opportunity of one-stop shopping. If I have a loan in which one lender doesn't like a buyer's credit, or configures their income a certain way, I can package the loan application, ship it to another lender without any additional monies spent. This makes things easier and less stressful on the buyer, seller and realtor. Do you think it could be worth trying us for your next mortgage application?

Andy Williams
President
Abacus Regional Mortgage
484 695 5972

No comments:

Post a Comment